The Kingston and Surbiton Labour Party have a launched a petition to discuss the Cambridge Estate regeneration at Council.
The Petition asks for support of the following:
• An increase in the number of council homes to 1000 from the 653 (originally 832) currently planned for;
• A residents’ ballot on the final regeneration proposal;
• An increase in social housing to 50% of the whole of the regenerated development;
• Keeping tenants’ rents at the basic government-set rent level;
• Building new resident facilities at the heart of the estate including a community centre, GP surgery and local shops.
The link for the petition is here:
A second petition to the Council regarding the extensions to Villiers Road, raised by residents in the Grove Ward is here: